Thursday 11 May 2017

New Ways Of Working

Recently I've started working with the Kyle Webster Photoshop Brushes and I'm really impressed with the work I'm managing to produce with them! I've never been a fan of digital work, thinking that it takes away personality and character from illustrative work at times. Things can start to appear quite flat and and dull, without much texture and expression. The different varieties of photoshop brushes allow for more texture, depth and personality to be injected into the work.

I've been using his brush packs across modules, mainly in 505 and a little bit in responsive. I do feel that they add another level of professionalism too my work, and allow for me to experiment with colour and texture alot more than I usually would. It also makes me feel a little less 'precious' about my work. I feel like when I'm creating things that are hand-drawn, using analogue media, theres a certain pressure I put on myself for everything too be perfect. Working digitally, I don't really feel this pressure as much, I don't know why but I feel alot more confident with my work being a little messy or a little less perfect.

I've still got a lot more experimenting and exploring to do in terms of working this way, but I am really happy in the direction it seems to be taking my practice.




No comments:

Post a Comment