Thursday 11 May 2017

Northern Craft Fair

The other weekend me and a friend from work headed down to Northern Craft Fair at Northern Monk Brewery. I always enjoy going to craft fairs, it's helpful to see the variety of work that people have on display and how they present themselves as professionals. I picked up a few goodies whilst I was there including the new issue of Ladyfuzz and also a few funky prints from illustrator Dick Vincent. I also had a quick chat with one of the girls that organises the fairs. She said that when they start putting plans together to organise an event they send an email out asking for people to hold stalls and bring their work down to sell, I gave her my email address so that when the next one comes around maybe I can get some of my own work together and a few other people from the course and we could all go down and hold a stall together! I had a stall at a craft fair/event last year and found it a really valuable, confidence building experience. It's a shame I havent managed to get down to any this year but hopefully I'll be able to keep an eye out for any that are happening over summer/later this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment